I am buying
The one-stop-shop for trustworthy, up-to-date guides for homebuyers
Introduction to buying a home
- The HOA Step-by-Step Guide to Buying a Home
- Is buying right for me?
- Can I afford to buy a home?
- How much can I afford?
- Top tips: How to save for a deposit
- Should I sell my home before I buy a new one?
- Are EPCs important when buying a home?
- How to buy a house at auction
- Buying a new build home – problems and top tips
How to finance your new home
- New build homes and getting a mortgage: Top Tips
- Help to Buy ISA explained
- How will the new mortgage lending rules in 2014 (MMR) effect me?
- How to make a successful mortgage application
- What type of mortgage should I get?
- Mortgages made simple
- How to improve your credit rating before getting a mortgage
- How and when should I get a mortgage?
- Do I need a mortgage broker?
- The Hidden Costs of Buying and Owning a Property
Schemes to help you buy a home
- How the government can help you buy a home. An overview of schemes
- Help to Buy Part 1 – the equity loan
- Help to Buy Part 2 – the mortgage guarantee: when and how do I apply
- First Buy
- Shared Ownership – what to watch out for
- Shared Ownership (New Build)
- Shared Ownership (Resale)
- Rent to Buy
- Right to Buy
- Top Tips for Buying a New Build Home
Finding a property
- How do I choose a new area to live in?
- How do I find the perfect property?
- Top Tips – things not to forget when viewing a property
- DIY Quick Check Survey for house hunters
- Top Tips – clever questions to ask the estate agent
- How can I get estate agents on my side?
- Top Tips – Getting to the front of the buyers’ queue
- Estate Agents’ tricks
Making an offer
- Moving House Checklist
- How to find the right removals company
- 7 things to remember when moving into your new home
The legal side of buying a house
- Buying with a partner or friend – what to watch for
- Leasehold v Freehold – what’s the difference?
- What sort of survey should I have?
- The legal side of buying a home explained
- Finding the right solicitor or conveyancer
- Should I do conveyancing myself?
- Should I do my conveyancing online?
- How do I exchange contracts?
- Completion – what to expect
- How much is stamp duty and when do I pay?
- Should I extend my lease?
- Step by step guide to extending my lease
If there are topics you would like to us to cover in upcoming guides, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The legal stuff is here.