I am buying
The one-stop-shop for trustworthy, up-to-date guides for homebuyers
Introduction to buying a home
- The HOA Step-by-Step Guide to Buying a Home
- Is buying right for me?
- Can I afford to buy a home?
- How much can I afford?
- Top tips: How to save for a deposit
- Should I sell my home before I buy a new one?
- Are EPCs important when buying a home?
- How to buy a house at auction
How to finance your new home
- What type of mortgage should I get?
- Mortgages made simple
- How to improve your credit rating before getting a mortgage
- How and when should I get a mortgage?
- Do I need a mortgage broker?
- The Hidden Costs of Buying and Owning a Property
Schemes to help you buy a home
- How the government can help you buy a home. An overview of schemes
- Help to Buy Part 1 – the equity loan
- Help to Buy Part 2 – the mortgage guarantee: when and how do I apply (NEW)
- First Buy
- Shared Ownership – what to watch out for
- Shared Ownership (New Build)
- Shared Ownership (Resale)
- Rent to Buy
- Right to Buy
Finding a property
- How do I choose a new area to live in?
- How do I find the perfect property?
- Top Tips – things not to forget when viewing a property
- Top Tips – clever questions to ask the estate agent
- How can I get estate agents on my side?
- Top Tips – Getting to the front of the buyers’ queue
- Estate Agents’ tricks
Making an offer
The legal side of buying a house
- Buying with a partner or friend – what to watch for
- Leasehold v Freehold – what’s the difference?
- What sort of survey should I have?
- The legal side of buying a home explained
- Finding the right solicitor or conveyancer
- Should I do conveyancing myself?
- Should I do my conveyancing online?
- How do I exchange contracts?
- Completion – what to expect
- How much is stamp duty and when do I pay?
- Should I extend my lease?
- Step by step guide to extending my lease
If there are topics you would like to us to cover in upcoming guides, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The legal stuff is here.
Join todayTo Ask an Expert For Free Legal Advice Discounted Conveyancing and more... Join today >
Looking for fee-free mortgage advice?
We've teamed up with the UK's leading fee-free mortgage broker to provide you with expert advice.Find out more >
For a limited time only you can also qualify for HALF PRICE annual membership to the Homeowners Alliance if you make a mortgage application through L&C before 30 April 2014. Membership means access to a free Home HelpLine, legal advice, our panel of experts and more - to help make your homeowning experience a better one.Find out more >
Looking for a property lawyer?
We have teamed up with
1st Property Lawyers
for an exclusive deal. HOA members and visitors can apply their discount todayFind out more >