The HomeOwners Alliance is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
We collect certain personally identifying data about you when you engage with certain areas of our site including when you:
- Send us your comments and/ or feedback /leave comments on our website
- Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
- Input your details to access certain tools
- Request quotes for services
- Become a paid member of the HomeOwners Alliance
That personal information could include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Property details
- Preferences and interests
You do not have to provide any information to us to use this website. However, certain sections of the site or services within the site may not be accessible if you choose not to share any information with us.
We may also collect information about your internet connection and website use, eg: the URL you came from, IP address, domain type, browser type, the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on and any search terms you entered on our website. If you take part in any promotions, competitions or give us feedback or complete any profile forms, we may collect additional information. For more information about how we process this information please see our cookies policy.
How is this information used?
This information is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Improve the content of our web pages, products and services
- Operate Estateagent4me, Instant Valuation tool services and send you information you request
- Generate aggregate statistics about our site visitors and users of our services
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Administer this site
- Customise the services we provide to you
- Handle enquiries submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity (for example, in the event you are a competition winner)
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you our newsletter and contact you with information about products and services that may interest you, if you have actively agreed to us doing so. This may be by telephone but will be predominantly by email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive the email newsletters then you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link.
Sharing your personal information with third parties
We only share data with carefully selected third parties when you have actively provided your consent to do so.
Specifically, when you use either Estateagent4me or our instant valuation tool, we may share your data with our estate agent partner Yopas and Rentmyhome. They may send you information by email or contact you by telephone directly regarding their products and services that you may find useful. If you do not wish to be contacted by them please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a member of the HomeOwners Alliance, see the Member section below to see what data we collect from you and in what instances your data may be shared with a third party.
We work with partner service providers for a number of our services and quote comparison tools. Please see the Partner Service Provider section below for details as to how your data is treated in this instance.
Partner Service Providers
We work with partner service providers for a number of our services and quote comparison tools (eg: conveyancing, surveys, mortgages, removals, find a tradesman, find an architect, find a structural engineer, insurance, find an independent financial advisor etc).
When you join the Homeowners Alliance as a member we collect personal information (name, email address, phone number) in order to deliver our tailored membership service to you. Your personal information is held securely by us and is not shared with anyone else without your consent.
Many members provide personal information to our HomeHelpline team either by email or in telephone conversations. Any such information is kept confidential within our HomeHelpline team and any emails or notes are kept securely.
When HomeOwners Alliance members need to make use of our legal advice line, data is shared with our legal service provider Law Express so they can telephone you and assist with your legal query. We ask for your consent to share your contact details and background information about your legal question. Your data will be held by Law Express in accordance with their data protection policy.
Sometimes third party media companies approach us for case studies on current home-ownership issues or a HomeOwners Alliance member may ask us to approach third party media companies to generate publicity for their home-ownership problem. In such circumstances, we require the member’s active consent before providing any personal information to such third party.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data in specific circumstances, e.g. for marketing purposes.
You have the right to have your information updated and corrected if you believe it is inaccurate or erased in certain circumstances or place restrictions on the processing of your information.
You have the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information – see Subject Access Request below.
You can exercise your rights at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link within our marketing emails, or emailing email@example.com or by writing to us at Aztec House 397-405, Archway Road, London N6 4EY.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our partner service providers and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You may need to contact our service providers directly to remove or update your details.
Subject Access Request
You have the right to obtain:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed
- Access to your personal data and
Time to respond
- Where we are the data controller, we must usually respond to your request within a month. Where we are the data processor of your personal information, we will direct you to the controller.
- We do not hold data that is provided by you to our third party service providers or produced on your behalf by these service providers
HomeOwners Alliance Limited is registered in England & Wales, with company number 07861605
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Updated July 1st, 2019