The HomeOwners Alliance is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The HomeOwners Alliance may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2012.
What information do we collect?
We collect certain personally identifying data about you when you engage with certain areas of our site including:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal address, postcode, preferences and interests
- your telephone number
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How is this information used?
This information is used to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons::
- Improve the content of our web pages, products and services
- For internal record keeping
- Operate the Estateagent4me service and send you information you request
- Allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties, including YOPA, the estate agents listed on estateagent4me pages and relevant marketing companies through our partners Property Price Advice (including for example Redrow plc, TwentyCi), to send you information or contact you by telephone directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services
- Generate aggregate statistics about our site visitors and users of our services
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Administer this Site
- Customise the services we provide to you
- Handle enquiries submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity (for example, in the event you are a competition winner)
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you our newsletter and contact you with information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so. This may be by post, telephone but will predominantly be by email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive the email newsletters than you can unsubscribe.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Aztec House 397-405, Archway Road, London N6 4EY
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
3rd party cookies
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.