The HomeOwners Alliance champions the interests of Britain’s homeowners and aspiring homeowners, providing unbiased and practical advice as well as services you can trust whether you are buying, selling or owning your home.
Buying a home is one of the most important and expensive investments you can make and, once you own your home, you want to feel secure, happy and in control. That’s where we come in. We launched HomeOwners Alliance in 2012 - to provide expert advice and helpful services for all the key moments of buying, selling or owning your home. We are on your side to help guide you and have the information to help you make smart choices and get a better deal.
With 3.7 million visitors in 2019, we are one of the UK’s leading property advice websites.
Alongside free expert advice, we have all the services you need under one roof. You can shop around and compare quotes without leaving our site. But we don’t just get you a better deal by providing a range of services.
We also campaign on a raft of issues and report on homeowner trends and homeowner’s greatest concerns through our Annual HomeOwners Survey polled by YouGov. We push for changes by speaking out to the media, industry and government and publishing data.
- Paula Higgins After spending 15 years reforming housing policy in government, enough was enough. Homeowners needed a voice and HomeOwners Alliance was born. She thinks cats are cool because they are low maintenance; unlike the rest of her family.
- Angela Kerr The brains behind our voice and all the content on our site. With 15 years of experience in central government, she left to help Paula launch the HomeOwners Alliance. When she’s not writing you’ll find her at bootcamp or on the Rightmove app.
- Katherine Binns Katherine runs our Homeowner Survey and has a spreadsheet for anything we could ever want to know about the business. After 20 years running consumer research programmes, she joined HomeOwners Alliance. When not in the office, you’ll find her sailing down a ski slope or watching a Man City match with her family.
- Naomi Rennard Trained as a property lawyer, Naomi loves to help people negotiate the quirks of our homebuying and selling system and is passionate about reform. Proud mum of Dobby (son of Chai, Paula’s cat)
- Philip Stanley Introduced us to Biscuit tea and we have never looked back. He’s been single-handedly running our website for years.
- Sarah Potter With a solid background in marketing, Sarah is responsible for getting the word out. Sarah works Monday to Thursday and can otherwise be found running in the woods, surrounded by her dogs.
- John Heritage Creative front-end web developer with UX skills to boot. John wants to learn Spanish, learn to play the piano and grow a proper beard.
How we are funded?
We are committed to providing our content and guidance for free, but we need to cover our costs. This is done by referral fees, advertising & sponsorship. These commercial partnerships do not influence the editorial content on our site. For more information on opportunities to work with us please see our media pack.