Will insurance pay for water leaking from upstairs flat?
Who is responsible when a downstairs flat is damaged from a water leak from the flat above?
It would need to be proved that the water leaking from upstairs was the fault of the flat above and if so, then a claim could be made against the buildings insurance. Make sure you know who to contact if you need to make a claim against the buildings insurance; it may be the company that is in charge of ground maintenance so check with them and keep the details with your own policy in a safe place.
Contents insurance will protect the things you own against theft and damage in your home, and this will often include damage by fire, flood or other unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. You can also add accidental damage cover to your policy as well as protection for items away from your home, including laptops, gadgets & bikes too.
We have teamed up with brokers A-Plan to find you the best buildings and contents insurance for your home from a wide panel of insurers – at a great value price.
- How do I make my home secure?
- How should I insure my home?
- What is home emergency cover?
- Home repairs and improvements
- How to finance your home improvement project
- How should I deal with noisy neighbours?
- Find a tradesman or home service professional
- Do I need a Party Wall Agreement?
- Service charges and maintenance companies – problems with your leasehold property