I am buying
The one-stop-shop for trustworthy, up-to-date guides for homebuyers
Introduction to buying a home
- The HOA Step-by-Step Guide to Buying a Home
- Is buying right for me?
- Can I afford to buy a home?
- How much can I afford?
- Top tips: How to save for a deposit
- Should I sell my home before I buy a new one?
How to finance your new home
- What type of mortgage should I get?
- Mortgages made simple
- How and when should I get a mortgage?
- The Hidden Costs of Buying and Owning a Property
- How the government can help you buy a home. An overview of schemes
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 1: Help to Buy
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 2: First Buy
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 3: Shared Ownership (New Build)
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 4: Shared Ownership (Resale)
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 5: Rent to Buy
- How the government can help you buy a home. Scheme 6: NewBuy
Finding a property
- How do I choose a new area to live in?
- How do I find the perfect property?
- Top Tips – things not to forget when viewing a property
- Top Tips – clever questions to ask the estate agent
- How can I get estate agents on my side?
- Top Tips – Getting to the front of the buyers’ queue
Making an offer
The legal side of buying a house
- Leasehold v Freehold – what’s the difference?
- What sort of survey should I have?
- The legal side of buying a home explained
- Should I do conveyancing myself?
- Should I do my conveyancing online?
- How do I exchange contracts?
- 5 things you need to know about stamp duty
If there are topics you would like to us to cover in upcoming guides, please email us at email@example.com.
At the end of each guide, we also ask for feedback – please do give it!
The legal stuff is here.
Get our Members only services:
- Discounted online conveyancing - FREE reputable legal advice - Ask an Expert again and againJoin today >
Let us help you…
18 May 2013
Our May newsletter is out! Check it out for all our latest tips and offers: http://t.co/GmalvY9f5X
18 May 2013
Home heating: what to consider before you buy: http://t.co/NLEJfJ3Koe
18 May 2013
Check out our top tips on how to raise a deposit: http://t.co/M22Cd7u0Ra #saving